A page of Star Wars, Politics, Culture, video games, ideas, science, complaints, movies and humor. Not necessarily in that order. Updated whenever I have something to say, no sooner.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

3D movies

First off, in the litteral terms, these movies are NOT Three Dimensional, they are mearly "enhanced" Two Dimensional films although it doesn't sound as catchy, I admit, but it's more accurate. To be accuratly called "3-D" it would have to a viable three-dimensional projection, not a slightly enhanced two-dimensional image which these are. It should be like what exists in Star Wars and Star Trek.

Just another fad of the masses. The latest technology (technology revival, actually) and frankly, it should have stayed dead until it was perfected. 3D as it is now, is amazingly useless (I haven't played the Nintendo 3DS yet, so not talking about that). It causes damage to people's eyes and brains, which includes dizzyness and migranes. I wouldn't be surprised if it was causing major long term damage to people. The Red/Blue effect can't always be interpreted by people's brains and that causes harm.

The main thing is that unless the film is made "SPECIFICALLY" for the E2D effect, it just does not work properly. Like those IMAX documentaries years back that had E2D, those were good and amazing. Because they were made with the technology in mind, not just tacked on and shoved down our throats as the latest Hollywood fad.

Now, I realize it is here to stay, unfortunate as that may be. At the VERY least, theatres should offer movies in both 2D and E2D, to satisfy a larger market. I would love the convenience of not having to wear those damned glasses whenever I go see a movie, and I think a lot of people would agree with me on that. I mean, if I want to go see a film at a theatre, why should I be forced to see it in a way that I do not want to?

OF course I realize that some will respond to that with "Well, you don't have to go see movies at the theatre then blah blah blah" and that's true. I don't have to. But I like to. It's enjoyable and fun and it is so annoying that I am having to pay extra money for an experience I don't want. They should offer both 2D and E2D, then as many people are happy as possible. simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment